After you complete the aptitude and technical assessments, Orbital may invite you to our Employment Retention Training & Assessment (ERTA) Program, which provides you with the confidence and skills you need to retain employment in a professional business job.
Self-care to maintain a job and ensure safety nets
Professionalism (includes productivity)
Communications (includes conflicts, advocacy, and speaking up)
Examples of specific topics include:
- The legal responsibilities of an employer and an employee
- Planning and organizing tasks
- Managing deadlines, conflicting priorities, and ambiguity
- Acceptable and unacceptable behaviours
- Stress management and mental health
- Business communications, using Email, Word, and Excel
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Organization structures, functions, practices, and processes.
The course consists of lectures, discussions, assignments, group work, and reading to accommodate different learning styles.
At the end of the program, you will receive a summary of your performance on the assignments, an assessment of your readiness for employment, and next steps. We provide feedback on 35 work behaviours, habits, and attitudes.
The in-classroom classes have 4 to 8 students and the on-line classes have 6 to 12 students.
The total number of classroom hours is 80+ scheduled over a two to three month period.
Individuals who are sponsored by an employment agency or service may be able to have their sponsors pay on their behalf.
For employers, the tuition fee is $900, plus a non-refundable registration fee of $49.00.
Payments can be made in installments.